Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday of Toonie Blasphemie

A few months ago (May I believe) a cartoonist started a 'Draw Muhammad Day' over on Facebook. Since I'm not on Facebook I didn't find out about it until it was too late:(

Anyways, some idiot cleric (who's an American living in a Stan, not sure which one right now but I think it starts with a 'P') has decided to Fatwa her. Now in a previous Blasphemy post I showed that only certain sects actually believe that stupid, idiotic, childish law. So this is once again one type of religion forcing any and all others to do as it says. Wow, how surprising;)

So in a show of solidarity with another illustrator I drew Muhammad... or did I? IF I did, I drew him some friends to stone.... er play with. I'll give you just one hint, it's the religion of peace and child rape, girls this time, since boys were apparently icky (wait, that's 2 hints... well I don't think anyone will get it;)) Of course I could just be pulling your leg;)

Best,

Brett

Pssst! I think it's the middle one;)

Also, just read this on Pharyngula, Metaphors in the Bible. Quite interesting.

1 comment:

M.O.R said...

I like it. I think the caveman at the top, and for the life of me I dunno why, reminds me of Kubert's Tor.

I'd be tempted to draw Mohammed too, but I don't know what he looks like ;). I think one could get away with saying "This aint Mohammed, its a drawing of a guy who looks just like Mohammed, and the others happen to look just like Jesus, and Brett Booth's Kevin, the Cave boy."

Really tho, Mo has appeared in a boat load of illustrations in the last couple of thousand years, and that makes me wonder what the hell is going on, really. Do these extremists all of a sudden decide this is offensive, and then nobody else gets the memo, or what?

One of these days chewing gum is gonna be found to be religiously offensive, and I am, in the words of Brad Pitt's traveller from Snatch, 'Proper F@*&ed'. I love chewing gum.

If you really wanted to tick off the extremists, ya could have posted the Mohammed picture with the bomb turban.
Tho I can understand why you would want to draw your own design.