Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Monday, January 26, 2009

Salawa Samurai


I watched about 4 hours of Afro Samurai last night, so I thought this would be appropriate;)

Brett

4 comments:

Nessie Knows said...

Sweet...hope you guys had a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

That's really awesome. I have a question about your anthro style: did you deliberately change it a few months back? It seems to me that there was a point when your anthros started becoming a bit more animalistic. To compare and contrast, I'm thinking more recent works like the owl, the wolverine, the shark, etc. compared to the stuff found in the Freaks! book. Am I imagining this? Either way, I love it. :)

Anonymous said...

So, what did you think of Afro: Resurrection? Personally, it wasn't as keen as the first one, I guess maybe it didn't have the same "newness" to it, but still, some really good action. I wish the massive fight at the end wasn't so stylized, but hey, doors open for the future, so I guess it's not all bad. :)

Brett said...

Muffinhunter,

Not really change, maybe modify a bit, to try to make them look a bit more like the animal. It sort of depends on what animal I'm doing. The dogs and cats are a bit more humany, while the other predators will sometimes have other more animal like attributes. Just something I messed with and liked:) This guy is the more traditional dog/human blend as I like the look:)

Cryostar,

It was OK, I'm not a big anime fan anymore. I agree about the fight scene, it looked like either they ran out of time or money and resorted to stoyboards... I did enjoy Samuel Jackson's Ninja Ninja, but it reminded me a bit too much of Ninja Scroll. And again I agree the first on e (Actually 5 episodes) had a better story. But I did get a kick out of the 'Number One Head Band!'

Best,

Brett