Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Monday, October 27, 2008

Why 'Chuck' is Evil

Brett has 'shows' that he watches religiously. Several of them. (That is much easier now that we have a DVR. Before, there was often shouting, rearranging of feeding schedules, and much whining.) I don't watch much tv, and if Brett is gone I don't actually turn the thing on at all. I keep maybe a third of my attention on those shows I like.

One of Brett's favorite shows is 'Chuck', a fantasy/spy sort of thing on Mondays. It's a cute show. Cute guy, cute girl, fun plots. It's also gotten very evil lately. Why evil? Some people behind the show have been putting a lot of eighties and early nineties music on. Tunes that wake up dormant memories (not always good ones) and get stuck in your head. A couple of weeks ago it was Air Supply. Last week it was Mmm-Bop. What the hell is that, the Hansons or something like that? Evil. This week...well, this week was worse. It was "The Touch." If you are about my age and were at all geeky, you will recognize it. Suddenly I was sitting in a theatre with 240 little boys and wondering if Optimus Prime was really going to die. Sad, sad, little geek girl.

Evil. Evil evil evil. I hate you, Chuck people.

(edit: Air Supply was on this week, Jess was thinking Huey Lewis and the News- Brett)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh, I was thinking the same thing last night, though it took me a good minute to figure out first, I knew that song, and then another 30 seconds to go "OMG...!" I was waiting for the "Rise....Rhodimus Prime." I think I'm watching that movie today, just to get it out of my system.